Using the Musical Sketch Pad
- To draw music on the screen, click on the pencil to activate the "sketch" mode.
Choose an instrument below and draw on the sketch pad.
- To edit your sketch, click on the "selection" tool (the dashed square) to activate the "edit" mode.
In the sketch pad, drag a rectangle around the area you want to edit. You may
use the tools below the "selection" tool to duplicate, erase, reverse, and invert the selected area.
- To adjust the tempo of your musical sketch, select the turtle or rabbit to make it play slow or fast.
- To listen to the composition you've sketched, click on the conductor.
This will bring up a QuickTime player where you can play back your music. If you don't have QuickTime, click here.
- Questions? Email Morton Subotnick